Join or Renew Your Membership
We’ve made it easier for you to become a member of the LGBT Bar Association of DC. Click here to JOIN. If you are already a member, please continue to support the LGBT Bar Association of DC by renewing your membership.
Membership in the LGBT Bar Association of DC is open to lawyers, law students, and other legal professionals without regard to age, race, religion, sex, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or transgender status. The LGBT Bar Association of DC members include legal professionals from large law firms, solo and small practices, government agencies, non-profits, academia, and the judiciary. The LGBT Bar Association of DC does not sell its membership list and will keep any member’s information confidential upon request.
Membership dues support all LGBT Bar Association of DC activities and are due upon joining the LGBT Bar Association of DC and at the beginning of every calendar year. Dues vary according to annual income or student status. Please consider making an additional donation to support the LGBT Bar Association of DC’s programs and services. You may pay dues online or mail a check payable to LGBT Bar Association of DC and this form to P.O. Box 34072, Washington, DC 20043.
|Annual income less than $50,000||$50.00/year|
|Annual Income between $50,000 and $100,000||$75.00/year|
|Annual Income more than $100,000||$100.00/year|
All dues payments are final and non-refundable.
The LGBT Bar Association of DC does not employ any staff and relies solely on the generosity of its volunteer members to support all of its activities . Members are encouraged to E-mail one of the Board or Committee members to learn about volunteer opportunities.
1) What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2) What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3) The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4) How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
* For a limited time, if you join the LGBT Bar Association of DC as a member, you will receive a 50% discount on membership in the National LGBT Bar Association. Once you have completed your membership registration with the LGBT Bar Association of DC, please contact us to obtain the discount code that you may apply toward your National LGBT Bar membership.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only officers and directors who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
The LGBT Bar Association of the District of Columbia complies with all requirements mandated by the Privacy Act of 1974.