The LGBT Bar Association of the District of Columbia is proud to announce its 2019 Equality Fellowship. The Lavender Equality Fellowship will provide the opportunity for a DC area law student to attend the 2019 Lavender Law Annual Conference & Career Fair in Philadelphia this August. The Equality Fellowships aim to encourage law students taking their first steps toward careers tackling our nation’s most complex LGBT legal issues.
The Equality Fellowships will pay up to $750 each to law students selected to be LGBT Bar Association of the District of Columbia Equality Fellows.
Qualifications for the Lavender Equality Fellowship
- Current enrollment in a DC-area accredited law school
- Commitment to attend the 2019 Lavender Law conference in Philadelphia in August
- Applicants must demonstrate commitment to LGBT rights and LGBT issues
- Cannot be receiving any other external funding to attend the Lavender Law conference
- Preference will be given to those attending the Lavender Law conference for the first time
- Must commit to providing a 500+ word summary of their Lavender Law experience and 3 photos to be used to D.C. LGBT Bar promotional materials
Students interested in the Equality Fellowships should submit the following materials:
- Application form
- Two references (contact information only; letters of recommendation not required)